Fiscal Sponsorship Grant Application Process
The Utah Film Center Fiscal Sponsorship program was established to assist independent filmmakers in gaining access to funds to make the best independent film and documentaries. It is important to us that the films we sponsor fit within our mission and are of the highest caliber. The Utah Film Center accepts applications throughout the year. All applications will be reviewed by the Fiscal Sponsorship Committee to determine if they fit into our mission and meet our standards. Applicants will be notified of the status of their application via email within 3-4 weeks of receipt.
Step 1: Fill out the online Fiscal Sponsorship Application.
You will be asked to provide the following information:
* Project Treatment – Provide a thoughtful, clearly written description of what the film will encompass. If the film is a narrative, please provide a brief film synopsis.
* Artistic Statement – Describe what you are trying to do artistically and how you will organize the elements into a coherent and interrelated dramatic whole. (This can be incorporated into the treatment)
* Production Timeline – Provide a brief outline of your expected production schedule – pre-production time, shooting schedule, editing schedule, and estimated finish date.
* Fundraising Strategy – A key factor in determining our acceptance of a project is the filmmaking team’s ability to raise funding to complete the project. Include specific grants that you intend to pursue to meet your budget.
* Key Crew Bios – Submit brief bios for confirmed principal personnel only – Producer, Director, Writer (No more than 1 paragraph per person)
Narrative/Fiction projects only:
In addition to filling out the application, narrative films should also submit a shooting script (no more to 20 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2: Submit a budget
Budget – This should be well developed, realistic and consistent with your narrative that includes all phases: pre-production, post-production, and outreach. (top sheet acceptable). This will need to be sent as an attachment to email@example.com.
Step 3: Pay the application fee
Application fee of $50 – This can be paid online at the end of the application process or you can pay by check. Checks should be made payable to Utah Film Center with your film title in the Memo line.Utah Film Center 50 W Broadway Ste 1125 Salt Lake City, UT 84101
To begin filling out the
Fiscal Sponsorship Application click here.
Questions? For questions, contact Sarah Mohr (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 801-746-7000.