We are excited to offer the 16th year of Damn These Heels, a festival for all who want to celebrate our community’s diversity by sharing LGBTQ history, culture, ideas, struggles, and triumphs through film.
What started out as a handful of screenings has turned into the longest-running LGBTQ film festival in the Mountain West, an immersive weekend festival that has presented more than 220 thought-provoking and entertaining films over the years including Quiet Heroes, Southwest of Salem, Todrick Hall: Behind the Curtain, The Pearl, Strike a Pose, Kiki, G.B.F., God’s Own Country, The Slippers, Boulevard, Beginners, Summer of Sangaile, and Tangerine.
Festival passes are now on sale. Individual film tickets on sale in early June when films are announced.
A Note to Festivalgoers – Making the Festival More Financially Sustainable
Though we love it as much as you do, the truth is that the festival format is expensive and difficult to sustain financially. We spent several months talking with many of our attendees about how we could make the Festival more cost-effective while still maintaining our high-quality film programming.
What we heard is that Damn These Heels Film Festival is integral to the Salt Lake LGBTQ experience; it is a reminder that there is a progressive oasis in the middle of a culturally conservative community. You also told us that maintaining the festival format allows your friends and family from all over the country to devote one weekend to an immersive community-building experience.
Damn, you are convincing. We are keeping the festival format but doing some trimming and streamlining behind the scenes, and looking into ways to make the Festival more financially sustainable.
If in the past you bought a ticket or two, please consider buying a pass this year. If you bought a pass to prior Festivals, please consider adding a donation to your pass purchase this year. Damn These Heels is for the community and needs community support for it to continue.
Passes Now On Sale – Get the Most Out of Your Festival!
- – Price Goes Up June 4 to $80 –
- One Ticket to Opening Night Film & Party
- 10 tickets of your choosing to Festival films
(Pass not valid for additional Opening Night Film tickets)
- Priority entrance to Festival screenings
- Discounts at local restaurants & transportation
- Discounts on official Festival merchandise
*New this year* Add a donation to your pass to help make the Festival more financially sustainable.
For an additional donation of:
- $100, you will receive a Utah Film Center water bottle and listing on our Festival pre-screening reel. *($90 tax-deductible value)
- $250, you will receive a Damn T-shirt, Utah Film Center water bottle, and listing on our Festival pre-screening reel. *($220 tax-deductible value)
- $500, you will receive two Damn T-shirts, two Utah Film Center water bottles, listing on our Festival pre-screening reel and listing on our website. *($440 tax-deductible value.)
Damn These Heels is a program of the nonprofit Utah Film Center and made possible by the support of individuals, foundations, and corporate supporters.
Interested in being a corporate or foundation sponsor? Please click here to email our development team.