High schooler Lane Meyer (John Cusack) loses his girlfriend Beth (Amanda Wyss) to the captain of the ski team, Roy Stalin (Aaron Dozier). His pal Charles (Curtis Armstrong), though, has a plan for Lane to win her back: he must ski the K12, the highest peak in the local mountain range.
7:30 pm Gates | 8:30 pm Movie Begins
$5 per person. Ticket sales and donations support Utah Film Center & Alta Community Enrichment.
10010 Little Cottonwood Canyon Rd, Alta, UT 84092
In collaboration with Utah Film Center, Alta Community Enrichment is ecstatic to host two days of films under the stars in the mountains of Alta. This year’s films will be Mountainfilm Summer Edition and Better Off Dead.
- Each attendee needs a ticket
- Please note, this year attendees will be viewing via low back lawn chairs, not from your car. You must bring your own LOW chairs and they must be 31.5” height or less.
- If two separate households would like to be near each other we recommend arriving at the same time.
- No dogs, unless tagged by the Town of Alta or a ADA service dog.
- Prepare for chilly mountain evenings, bring blankets and layers.
- If you have questions regarding accessibility to our events, please contact Sara Gibbs <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Alta Community Enrichment’s Executive Director.
- Picnic dinners are allowed. NO GRILLS.
- Food and beverages can be purchased at the Goldminer’s Daughter Patio. They will take food orders until 8:15 pm. The movie begins at 8:30 pm.
- The Snowpine Lodge will be offering 15% off your bill (excluding alcohol) at both Swen’s & The Gulch on August 20th & 21st if you mention the Drive-In Movie. Valid for to-go orders and to-stay orders. We encourage you to pick up food to-go and enjoy it while you watch the movie!
- Bathrooms are located at the Goldminer’s Daughter through the far east patio door.
Presented in partnership with
This event is presented with the support of the US Forest Service, Alta Ski Area, Goldminer’s Daughter Lodge, Alta Chamber & Visitors Bureau, and Utah Film Center.