About the Drive-In
- Tickets now on sale! Space is limited and tickets must be bought in advance – only 1 ticket is required per vehicle
- Drive-in located in the parking lot behind the Belgian Waffle & Omelet Inn.
- Gates open at 7:30pm
- The film will start at dusk (8:30pm-ish)
- The audio for the movie is broadcast through an FM transmitter (radio). If you don’t have an FM transmitter in your car you can bring a battery-operated stereo with speakers to hear the movie.
- Large vehicles will be parked in the back. Sorry, no passenger vans or diesel engine trucks permitted, and lift gates/hatches cannot be raised if the view of other guests is blocked.
- The movie is to be watched from inside your car or within your designated parking stall.
- Masks are required upon leaving your designated area. Social distancing and mask-wearing will be enforced in all public areas.
- Port-a-potties are available.
About the Film
Set on one block of Brooklyn’s Bed-Stuy Do or Die neighborhood, at the height of summer, this 1989 masterpiece by Spike Lee confirmed him as a writer and filmmaker of peerless vision and passionate social engagement. Over the course of a single day, the easygoing interactions of a cast of unforgettable characters—Da Mayor, Mother Sister, Mister Señor Love Daddy, Tina, Sweet Dick Willie, Buggin Out, Radio Raheem, Sal, Pino, Vito, and Lee’s Mookie among them—give way to heated confrontations as tensions rise along racial fault lines, ultimately exploding into violence. Punctuated by the anthemic refrain of Public Enemy’s “Fight the Power,” Do the Right Thing is a landmark in American cinema, as politically and emotionally charged and as relevant now as when it first hit the big screen.