Utah Film Center is seeking a dynamic candidate to manage and support our diverse fundraising efforts. Reporting to the development director, the ideal candidate should have 1-3 years experience working in nonprofit development, or commensurate experience in sales, marketing, or corporate relations.
Additionally, this position requires:
- excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- the desire to build and nurture relationships,
- keen attention to detail,
- the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects at the same time,
- a passion for the Film Center’s mission and vision,
- a proactive attitude, drive and enthusiasm to carry development activities from conception to conclusion, and creativity.
*This is a Salt Lake City-based position that is currently a remote/work-from-home position until it is safe to return to an office environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The development manager helps execute donor engagement programs and sponsorships, as well as supports and strengthens relationships with institutional and individual donors.
Institutional Donor Relations:
- Researches new and current funding sources for program, exhibition, event and sponsorship programs;
- Coordinates application components with program managers; gathers all pertinent data and stories to write complete, accurate, and persuasive proposals;
- Manages relationships with corporate, foundation and government prospects in tandem with the Development Director, including writing proposals and reports;
- Works closely with UTFC program leaders and the communications team to insure donor investments are acknowledged and used appropriately;
- Tracks all upcoming grant deadlines and manages multiple projects effectively, and
- Works interdepartmentally to tell the story of the Film Center.
Donor Engagement and Cultivation:
- Oversees donors data integrity in Salesforce and ensures all donor communications, follow up tasks, tax acknowledgments, opportunities and other records are accurate in Salesforce to optimize database functionality to streamline and automate processes;
- Works with the development director to conceive, design, and implement donor engagement and cultivation activities, including, but not limited to: garden parties, filmmaker events, a gala, thank you events, peer-to-peer and program specific campaigns, Giving Tuesday, and the year end appeal;
- Manages communications and donations of festival household sponsors; and
- Inspires, engages, and creatively and thoughtfully acknowledges donor investment.
- Works with staff to identify sponsorship opportunities for UTFC’s two yearly film festivals, and additional events, as is needed;
- Conceives of onsite activation that enhances audience experience and engagement;
- Researches and cultivates corporate partners;
- Works with marketing to create event pitch decks, including compilation of marketing/audience data;
- Manages corporate relations, including public acknowledgements, onsite activation, and donor receipts; and
- Manages post-event summaries, letters of appreciation, and reports.
- Researches promising practices and innovations in fundraising;
- Collaborates with other Utah Film Center team members to identify and realize opportunities for generating earned and contributed revenue, when appropriate;
- Supports the leadership team in leveraging the board for fundraising-specific events and activities; and
- Other duties as assigned.
This Salt Lake City-based, full-time, exempt position includes paid holidays, paid time off, retirement plan, medical, and dental plans. Salary: $45,000-$55,000
To apply: Submit cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com. This position is open until filled.