Starting Jan 3rd, 2022 through May 31st, 2022
10 hours per week
For experience + $12/hours
Utah Film Center is seeking an individual who is eager to learn about film distribution, video production, and operations around a weekly/monthly/yearly film schedule. This will be a broad, hands-on introduction to the basics of internal operations and external community engagement. The ideal intern will be passionate about informing and exposing the community to new ideas through cinema and interested in the film industry.
The organization’s engagement, support, and supervision will be very hands-on. We are a small non-profit organization so communication, teamwork, time management, interpersonal skills, and goal setting are absolutely essential to our success. The intern will be fully integrated into our open office environment and will be treated equally to all other staff members.
The intern will also provide critical support for streaming platform management and online chat moderation for our free film screening programs in Salt Lake City.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Film Programming: database management, contact management, film research, invoicing, web page edits, and attendance information.
- Assist with editing video content for marketing purposes. Basic Adobe Premiere experience required.
- Assist with organizing post-film panel discussions as part of the Utah Film Circuit & Community screenings.
- Learn proficiency with online streaming platforms. Also, learn proficiency with modern film distribution models.
- Must be available on Tuesday nights to assist with producing online weekly events
- Assist with in-person screening events (where applicable)
This remote position reports to the Programming Manager and the Exhibition and Technology Officer and will be evaluated on attitude, time management, quality of work, and innovation. Additionally, this position will also be evaluated on the success in meeting goals and objectives developed at the beginning of the internship period. Weekly remote meetings for guidance are required.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
About the Utah Film Center
Utah Film Center brings the world of film to local audiences through free community screenings and discussions, outreach programs, and visiting artists and professionals. Emphasizing social content and artistic excellence, we present the best documentary, independent, and dramatic cinema year-round. We collaborate with various educational and community organizations to promote a diversity of ideas, to provide forums for underrepresented groups, and to develop new audiences for film.
Utah Film Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.