February 1, 2022, through May 31, 2022
5 hours per week, mostly flexible
For experience + $12/hour
Utah Film Center is seeking a creative and organized individual who is eager to learn about the marketing strategy and workflows around promoting a year-round film organization. This position will support the marketing, web and social media team. You will gain a broad, hands-on introduction to the basics of internal operations, marketing workflows, website and social media channel management, and external community engagement. The ideal intern will be passionate about connecting with audiences, visual storytelling, and exposing the community to new ideas through film.
Over the course of this internship, roles and responsibilities may include:
- Create graphics for social media, web, printed collateral and more.
- Ensure there is consistency and continuity of graphics online and in print
- Update copy, graphics and event listings on the website using a CMS
- Contribute to a content calendar and brainstorm ideas to tell stories visually to promote upcoming events and programs.
- Support external communication channels including social media posting and monitoring
- Website management and curation
- Support, grow and/or implement new social media channels
- Catalogue and organize digital assets
This position reports to the Director of Marketing and will be evaluated on collaborative attitude, time and project management, quality of work, and creative problem solving. Additionally, this position will also be evaluated on the success in meeting goals and objectives developed at the beginning of the internship period. Weekly meetings for guidance are required.
The organization’s engagement, support, and supervision will be very hands-on. We are a small non-profit organization so communication, teamwork, time management, interpersonal skills, and goal setting are absolutely essential to our success. The intern will be fully integrated into our open office environment and will be treated equally to all other staff members.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Utah Film Center
Utah Film Center brings the world of film to local audiences through free community screenings and discussions, outreach programs, and visiting artists and professionals. Emphasizing social content and artistic excellence, we present the best documentary, independent, and dramatic cinema year-round. We collaborate with various educational and community organizations to promote a diversity of ideas, to provide forums for underrepresented groups, and to develop new audiences for film. Utah Film Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.