The Utah Film Center (UTFC) is seeking a diverse, energetic, and dedicated team of Teaching Artists to join the Media Education department for the 2022 – 2023 academic school year. UTFC’s Media Education programs introduce students and teachers to the power of film as a teaching and learning resource and work to improve students’ media literacy through film screenings, discussions, workshops, and classroom lessons that will increase student engagement, comprehension, and critical thinking while supporting core curriculum requirements for arts education.
The primary method of delivery of our Media Education programs will be in person and virtual in compliance with CDC, State, and school district COVID-19 guidelines for the 2022 – 2023 school year.
Note: We are seeking Utah professionals for this position.
UTFC is seeking Teaching Artists that are industry professionals and able to teach grades K-12 students in one or more of the following film disciplines:
- Filmmaking Basics
- Develop and present engaging and interactive workshops that gives a “behind the scenes look” at their craft and practical how-to on one or more of the disciplines listed above.
- Present 60-minute workshop per topic to grades K-12, with the ability to modify content based on the grade and age level.
- Develop pre- and post-workshop materials & activities for teachers to continue the lesson after the workshop, in collaboration with the Utah Film Center’s Media Education department.
- Availability Monday-Friday from August 1, 2022 – June 1, 2023 for orientation, training, and teaching of workshops, namely between 9 AM – 4 PM MT. Teaching Artist schedules will be created based on availability between these dates and times and quantity of workshops the teaching artist is able to teach in these time frames.
- Industry experience in a field of film, media, and/or media production.
- Experience with live instruction and/or training with K-12 learners strongly preferred.
- Ability to develop engaging and interactive learning experiences is strongly preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred but not required.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- A positive, self-motivated, adaptable, innovative personality that is willing to work in a dynamic, fast-paced mission-driven organization.
- Demonstrates a passion for film and media arts education for changing hearts and minds.
To apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com.
Salary: $50 per contact hour including required meetings and training conducted by Utah Film Center.
This position is open until filled throughout the 2022-2023 academic year. We are hiring for 2 teaching artists.