This blog post is for all of you Damn These Heels festival-goers or festival-goer-wannabes. Are you curious about the ins and outs of the 11th annual Damn These Heels Salt Lake City International Film Festival? If you are, read on, we’ll tell you HOW TO FEST to maximize your time and to ensure you have an amazing festival experience July 11-13.
Here are your DAMN! Instructions:
1. Get Tickets!
Individual tickets are only $6!
Ten-ticket passes are only $45 ($70 value)!
Pass Benefits include:
- Access to the Opening Night film + 10 additional tickets
- FREE entry (21+) and exclusive perks at official DTH after parties at:
- Sun Trapp (Friday, July 11 receive 2 free drinks after 9 pm)
- Zest (Saturday, July 12 receive free appetizers from 9:30-11 pm)
- Club Jam (Sunday, July 13 April Carrión of Mala Mala and RuPaul’s Drag Race will host and perform from 9-11:30 pm)
- Discounts on all DTH merchandise
2. Watch EXCELLENT Film!
The 2014 festival will be held at the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center July 11-13 and features 16 of the best independent, documentary, and foreign feature-length films from around the world that explore LGBT issues, ideas, and art. The festival topics range from profiles of prominent politicians, to touching coming-of-age stories, and from slapstick comedy to slasher films.
View film descriptions and trailers here.
3. Participate in discussions!
This year four filmmakers and four subjects of films featured in the 2014 Damn These Heels festival will join all of you film lovers for post-film Q&As.
Utah Film Center special guests include:
Friday, July 11, 2014 | 8 pm–Compared to What: The Improbable Journey of Barney Frank filmmakers, Sheila Canavan and Michael Chandler will participate in a post-film discussion immediately following the Opening Night film. Unfortunately, due to illness, Barney Frank and Jim Ready will be unable to join us for the screening.
Saturday, July 12, 2014 | 4 pm–Kristin Beck, subject of the film, Lady Valor: The Kristin Beck Story will be in attendance for a post-film Q&A.
Sunday, July 13, 2014 | 7 pm–Mala Mala filmmakers, Dan Sickles and Antonio Santini and subject of the film and Rupaul’s Drag Race star, April Carrión will be present on Closing Night for a post-film discussion immediately following the film.
Use the ballots provided after each screening to vote for your favorite documentary and dramatic film. The documentary and dramatic film with the most votes will be given the Audience Award for in each category.
Damn These Heels after parties will be held following the last screenings each night of the festival at the following locations:
Friday, July 11 | 9 pm /// The Sun Trapp /// 102 South 600 West, SLC, UT
- DTH pass holders get FREE entry and two drink tickets
Saturday, July 12 | 9:30-11 pm /// Zest /// 275 South 200 West, SLC, UT
- DTH pass holders get FREE entry and appetizers
Sunday, July 13 | 9-11:30 pm///Club Jam///751 North 300 West, SLC, UT
- April Carrión of Mala Mala and RuPaul’s Drag Race will perform
- DTH pass holders get FREE entry and exclusive perks
*Guests must be 21+ to attend all parties.
SEE YOU JULY 11!